Saturday 21 July 2012

Txtgrrrl: Mobile Machinima – Part 1

These images are from a Machinima series I created for mobile phones way back in 2008. Machinima is an animation method that utilises 3D Game Technology to tell stories. I have not showcased this work on the blog, so I thought I’d post it up here.

The title of the series is Txtgrrrl and the Machinima told the story of a girl who is so transfixed with her phone, she does not notice the bright and colourful world around her.
For the series I received a commission from Scottish Screen, The Scottish Arts council and other sponsors to create 2, 30 second episodes.

The episodes were made in 2008 and were specifically designed for mobile phones. Two websites were created to promote TxtGrrrl and are now archived at http://www.steven-portfolio.co.uk/.

I will post up some more images later.



No comments:

Post a Comment